Robert Stellwagen is a trial attorney in the firm’s South Pasadena office. He is a Certified Legal Malpractice Law Specialist, State Bar of California: Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Stellwagen focuses his practice on the representation of professionals in law, design, construction, real estate, and insurance. His practice includes litigation to successful results in bench and jury trials, arbitration, and alternative dispute forums, and he also provides legal counsel to clients on matters involving business formation, protection of intellectual property, and review and negotiation of key agreements. His reported appellate decisions include: Tomko Woll Group Architects, Inc. v. Superior Court (1996) 46 Cal. App. 4th 1326 which enforced the patent defect statute of limitations in a lawsuit against an engineer. Mr. Stellwagen is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell.
Mr. Stellwagen received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, Cum Laude, in 1986. In 1990 he received his Juris Doctor from Hastings College of Law. He is a frequent lecturer on a wide variety of issues for professionals. He has served on the Judicial Election Evaluation Committee for the Los Angeles County Bar Association, served on the Board of the Southern California Defense Counsel, is a member of the Lawyer’ Professional Liability Consortium and is admitted to both the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California and the United States Court of Federal Claims.
- State Bar of California
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (Committee Chairperson) (2010 – 2012)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Judicial Election Evaluation Committee 2004 – 2006)
- Lecturer to the AIA, ACEC, CSI, and professional liability insurance and construction related groups
- What Duty Does a Lawyer Owe to a Former Client in a Public Debate?
- Getting Paid – Are Promissory Notes Another Empty Promise?