Michele L. Gamble is a trial attorney in the firm’s San Diego and Orange County offices, having served as partner at the firm since 2006. Her practice focuses on general civil litigation, business litigation, property rights litigation, contract negotiation, professional liability defense, and construction law with an emphasis on risk management and representation of design professionals. Ms. Gamble has represented both public and private entities in civil litigation matters involving wrongful death, property damage, serious personal injury, and allegations of breach of contract, negligence, copyright infringement and intentional misconduct. She has also successfully litigated Not for Profit Directors & Officers claim. She has resolved hundreds of cases through mediation, arbitration, and both bench and jury trials, having obtained multiple unanimous jury verdicts for clients.
Ms. Gamble has authored numerous legal articles and regularly gives presentations to clients and the professional organizations with which she is associated on a wide variety of topics, including work-life balance, professional women’s issues, litigation case studies, risk management, profit planning, indemnity, contract negotiation and copyright infringement. In 2008, Ms. Gamble received a Presidential Citation from the American Institute of Architects (AIA) for service to the architectural profession. She has been repeatedly recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine based on peer recognition and professional achievement. She has a reported appellate decision, Delon Hampton & Associates, Chtd. V. Superior Court, 227 Cal.App.4th 250 (2014) in which the Second District Appellate Court issued a reported decision in favor of Ms. Gamble’s design professional client relative to the patent defect statute of limitations.
Ms. Gamble received her Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Santa Clara University in 1994 and her Juris Doctor from University of San Diego School of Law in 1997.
- State Bar of California
- Association of Women Architects
- American Institute of Architects
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Speaker to American Institute of Architects, architectural and engineering firms, and other professional organizations
- Society of Women Engineers
- "Time Element." In Insurance Agency Risk Management: E & O Exposures By Line of Business, edited by Dr. James W. Kallman et al., 591-625. New York: Thompson Reuters, 2014.
- Not Your Average Architect: Lessons Learned about the Standard of Care
- To Observe or Not to Observe
- Designing a Solid Foundation in Construction Administration